Women and Youth in African Development (WAYAD) was registered in Kenya as an International NGO in the year 2001. The organization officials have been involved in management consultancy for over five years.
Areas which have been covered broadly are: - Capacity building in Social-Economic development, Women and Children Rights and Health issues.
In addition to the above activities, the officials have been engaged by International Non Governmental Organizations in Project work, Research/Assessments, Monitoring and Evaluation, Facilitation in HIV/AIDS, Human Right approach to programming and community capacity development.
Our Main Objectives
The main purpose of the organization is to serve both an urban and rural development and capacity building initiative both in Kenya and on the African Continent in the following areas:
- Income generating programmes for both women and youth.
- Capacity building through training
- A revolving fund to enhance small scale farmers and business persons activities.
- Environment conservation and upgrading.
- Governance and human rights.
- Link members to external markets.
- Arts and Education
- Improvement of Information Technology.
- Water Projects for the purposes of irrigation.
- Collaborate with well-wishers to support projects.
- Improvement of health conditions.
- General social / economic development including agriculture, small business entrepreneurs and capacity building.